Visual Art League of Lewisville member Murthy Mantha will present a workshop on Design and Painting in Watercolor
Sat, October 8, 2022 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Lewisville Grand Theater
100 North Charles Street
Lewisville, TX 75057
About this event
The workshop is a refresher for using watercolors and consists of three segments: Composition, Watercolor techniques, and painting from photographs.
This is a very hands-on workshop with plenty of handouts and exercises suitable for all levels of watercolor painters.
No prior experience in watercolor painting is necessary.
In this very interactive workshop, the instructor will show and paint along with the participants.
The participants will leave with a refresher on watercolor techniques, how to do value studies and build stronger compositions.
Activities and What to expect:
1. The participants will use colored paper cutouts to study value patterns and create compositions. (handouts provided by the instructor)
2. The participants will learn brush strokes and techniques using watercolor paints from tubes/pans to create watercolor washes and a value scale. Participants will practice uniform and graded washes.
(watercolor paper will be provided by the instructor, paints and brushes to be provided by the participant)
3. The participants will sketch a simple still life, assign values and paint in watercolors – gray scale and colors.
4. The participants will sketch a simple landscape, assign values and paint in watercolors – gray scale and colors.
5. The participants will sketch from a reference photo of their choice (to be supplied by the participant), do a value study and paint in watercolors.
Provided by the Instructor:
– Paper for composition studies
– scissors and glue sticks
– Watercolor paper (9 x 12)
Provided by the participant
– Water color paints (pans/tubes): Alizarin Crimson, Veridian Green, Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Payne’s Gray (or Neutral Tint)
– good quality brushes – 3/4 inch or 1 inch flat, 8 or 12 round
– bowls for water
– palette to mix paints
– 2B pencil
– paper towels
– your favorite art supplies
– copyright free reference photographs of your own