Deadline August 28, 2022
This Call for Entries is a photographic exhibition of worn and/or embellished shoes that embody the mantra, “walk a mile in my shoes.” This adage has been adapted over the years in motto and in song to remind us to show tolerance and empathy when dealing with people we do not know. What do your shoes reveal about you and your journey through life? Selected entries will be on display at the Bradshaw 4th Floor Gallery, J. Erik Jonsson Central Library, Dallas, November 4- December 30, 2022.
– The exhibition is open to all artists over 18 yrs old.
– Each image must reflect the shoe theme and be the original composition of the artist.
– Images must be submitted in required format on photo paper. Each photo print must be 8″ x 10″ and mounted on foam core or mat board that is also 8”x10”. Photo may be glued on.
– No entry fees. – A maximum of one (1) image may be submitted.
– Each entry must be labeled on the back with first name, last name, title and contact information.
– Print will only be returned if entry is accompanied with pre-paid return postage.
– Each submission must have a brief artist statement about the entry (max. 200 words).
– Entries deadline no later than August 28, 2022
– Mail entries to: Walk In My Shoes-VET, 1450 Old Gate Lane, Dallas, TX 75218
– Email inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org